Markets in Crypto-assets (MiCA) adopted
The European Parliament adopted a legislative resolution on the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on markets in crypto-assets and amending Directive (EU) 2019/1937.
This Regulation lays down uniform requirements for the offer to the public and admission to trading on a trading platform of crypto-assets other than asset-referenced tokens and e-money tokens, of asset-referenced tokens and of e-money tokens, as well as requirements for crypto-asset service providers.
In particular, this Regulation lays down the following:
– transparency and disclosure requirements for the issuance, offer to the public and admission of crypto-assets to trading on a trading platform for crypto-assets (‘admission to trading’);
– requirements for the authorisation and supervision of crypto-asset service providers, issuers of asset-referenced tokens and issuers of electronic money tokens, as well as for their operation, organisation and governance;
– requirements for the protection of holders of crypto-assets in the issuance, offer to the public and admission to trading;
– requirements for the protection of clients of crypto-asset service providers;
– measures to prevent insider dealing, unlawful disclosure of inside information and market manipulation related to crypto-assets, in order to ensure the integrity of markets in crypto-assets.